27 Mar FEEL GOOD SEQUESTER SERIES – CANYON RANCH Edition
If I can’t bring you to the hotel, I can bring the hotel to you…
Everyone needs a CANYON RANCH in their life right now—who expected that this wellness, fitness and spa retreat would be a necessity and not a luxury, even if it is fabulously luxurious!!!
Since sharing is caring, kudos to Demo Kitchen Chef Shawn from Canyon Ranch, Tucson for the following recipe which I aptly named:
Comfort Chocolate Chip Cookie to Combat Cabin Fever
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold
1/3 cup low-fat cream cheese, cold
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 6 ounces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, cream butter, cream cheese and brown
sugar. Turn mixer to low and add egg yolks and vanilla and mix until just
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to butter mixture and
mix by hand until combined.
- Drop rounded heaping teaspoonfuls (or use a 3/4 ounce scoop) onto baking
sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Lightly flatten cookies with finger. Rotate baking
sheet in oven and bake 3 minutes more, or until golden. Cool on baking sheet
until cookies are set. Transfer to cooling rack until completely cooled. Store in
a tightly sealed container.
Makes 38 cookies, each containing approximately:
13 gm. carbohydrate
3 gm. fat
16 mg. cholesterol
1 gm. protein
58 mg. sodium
0 mg. fiber
Canyon Ranch locations:
Las Vegas, NV
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on any of the Canyon Ranch retreats.