27 Jul Got those “after the holidays, back to reality” winter blues?
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- I admit, I was embarrassed to tell anyone I was going to the ABBA Museum in Stockholm, but it has everything one can hope for…spandex, interactive dancing, 3D holograms, and unbelievably, a fabulous hotel –you can stay at Melody and live and breathe ABBA 24/7. Who knew?!
Click here for more on the ABBA Museum : ABBA Museum
- Jump on the ‘brand’ wagon! Just when you thought St. Barth couldn’t get any chicer, this past year Isle de France became an LVMH hotel (as in Louis Vuitton) and Eden Rock became part of the Oetker Collection (as in Hotel du Cap).
Cheval Blanc St. Barth Isle de France: Click here for more on Cheval Blanc
Eden Rock – St. Barth: Click here for more on Eden Rock
- A staycation in New York City is a great way to start the New Year and an uber (used as an adverb, not the car service) cool MUST is learning all about the history of graffiti and street art with an art historian. Bansky bonus: take the Brooklyn Bushwick tour!
Graff tours: Click here for more on Graffiti Tours
- The new Napa is Uco Valley, in Mendoza, Argentina. With recently opened luxury resorts like The Vines Resort & Spa and Casa De Uco, this definitely is the wine destination du jour.
|A run through the vineyards.|
- Have a hankering for delicious southern fusion cuisine? Go north to Toronto and stop by Lisa Marie. This ultra-cool gastro pub with over-sized wall decals of Elvis and other great rock-n-rollers has the best brunch this side of the Mason-Dixon. You won’t find bacon peanut butter sandwiches here, but you will find a great menu, excellent beer list, and killer Bloody Marys.
- I never leave home without my Mophie Space Pack for iPhone. When my battery is drained, it gives me more juice, extra data storage and it’s also a key chain…that’s another reason I don’t leave the house without it!
- If you could only go to one beach resort this year, Bahia Vik in Jose Ignacio,Uruguayshould be the top contender! Although it opened just 3 months ago, it is already a hit among fashionistas, celebrities and anyone looking for cool…move over St Tropez, you have competition!
|Gorgeous beachfront. I found it hard to leave.|
- Our Sky Stylist, Regina Caridi, the owner of Cesare + Lili boutiques, recommends Golden Goose high tops for travel. Not only is this the most comfortable, current hip fashion statement, but the zipper makes it super easy to take on and off through airport security. This is definitely the goose that laid the golden sneaker.
- There’s always bigger, better, richer, more beautiful…I’m talking about cruise ships! The newest go-to luxury ship is the MS Europa 2. Everything from cabins to cuisine is over-the-top luxury.
- Looking for an exotic family vacation? Marataba Safari Lodge in the Marekele Game Reserve is the new gem of South Africa. Located in the Waterberg Mountains, it has something for everyone —stunning landscapes, game and night drives, walking and motorboat safaris and an exceptional staff.
- BONUS TIP: Bear & Bear prides ourselves on having the best connections and getting you what you want at the last minute. With that being said, the hotels for Festive 2015 will be filled to the rafters, bursting at the seams, as busy as a beehive, packed like sardines and, dare I say, sold out?! My best advice for the New Year is book your Christmas holiday as early as you can this year!